Here you go guys and girls, the 2022 Myvi conquers the mountain, in the wet. I actually invited Nazz Abdullah to ride shotgun, but he didn’t take the bait; anyway, a single occupant means more power for the road.
This time we take the Myvi all the way to the top of the hill, and it made it without any problems.
Some driving tips for WET driving:-
1) Always take a later apex – turning in later means you give yourself more room for error as you exit the corner. It also allows you to be in a straight line on exit so you can accelerate.
2) Brake early and in a straight line as much as possible, and try to maintain a good line.
3) Cornering lines become very important when wet.
4) FWD cars tend to understeer – be careful when gunning it mid-corner – get your lines right so that you can exit in a straight line.
5) Use your brakes and braking as a means to transfer weight to the front, in addition to slowing down the car – this will give you more grip to take the turn.
6) Don’t forget braking distances increase when the road is wet.
7) Watch out for standing water and water running across the road. Aquaplaning can have dire consequences.
Music by www.bensound.com.